Ph.D at Union Institute & University, currently attending, expected graduation: 2016
Master’s of Science in Educational Technology, Buffalo State, 2009
- See Letter of Recommendation from Kenneth Skowronski, Ed.D. at Buffalo State.
- See my curriculum vitae.
- See my master’s project.
- See the other projects I’ve produced.
BFA in Art, University at Buffalo, 2004
- Softchalk Innovator Series, 2012
Preparing Faculty of all Technology Levels to Teach Online-Blended-Hybrid
- Sloan-C ALN 2012
Growing Online: Developing a Faculty Development Plan with the Help of Softchalk
- Eastern Communication Association Convention, 2012
Panel Presentation: Transitions in Teaching and Learning: Moving to Hybrids and Online in the Organizational and Mass Communication Course Experience
- Canisius College Digital Day, 2012
Presenting with Prezi
- NCCC Teaching Well Online Conference, 2012 and Erie Community College Distance Learning Retreat, 2011
- Women’s Leadership Conference, 2011
Personal Branding: Define Yourself for Today’s Dynamic Workplace
Mac & PC
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- DIY and informal learning.
- Alternative forms of credit.
- Event development and coordination.
- Higher ed program and curriculum development.
- Emerging and educational technologies.
- Experienced faculty trainer.
- Online and face to face courses development and teaching.
- Guerrilla social media, virtual, and print marketing.
- Virtual orientation development.
- Preparedness for academic continuity.
- Program development and coordination.
- Buffalo Niagara Partnership Perspective Council (present)
- TEDxBuffalo Committee (present)
- Canisius College Digital Day Committee (present)
- Canisius College Ignatian Scholarship Day Committee (present)
- Women’s Leadership Conference Steering Committee (2011)
- BN360 (Buffalo Niagara Partnership) Advisory Council (2010-2011)
- 2011 Softchalk Challenge Winner 2nd Place
- 2010 Excellence in Educational Technology Graduate Student Award
2012-present, Graduate Assistant at Union Institute & University
Developed a mobile site for the Ph.D. residency. Developed and managed online faculty trainings. Presented at the “Online Tech Expo”.
2009-present, Instructional Designer at Canisius College
- See Testimonials from Canisius College.
- See LinkedIn Recommendations from Canisius College. (Click View Full Profile to see recommendations.)
Developed the Online Faculty Development Path, including the development of three online workshops, a corresponding guide for the workshop, and an online course review tool. Mentors new and experienced online faculty in developing and managing online courses. Coordinates with deans, chairs and directors on the future of online education within their school, department, and program. Collaborates with FacTS Center co-workers and other college personnel on educational technology and faculty and staff training initiatives.
- Developed the Online Faculty Development Path.
- Developed three online workshops.
- Developed the Griff Guide to Teaching Online.
- Developed the Online Course Review Tool.
- Developed the Virtual Graduate Orientation.
- Created the Online Learning Community.
- Created the Readiness for Online Learning site.
- Implementation and training of GoToMeeting.
- Implementation and training of Softchalk.
- Created sites for Softchalk and GoToMeeting.
- Created the Preparedness for Academic Continuity site.
- Made formal recommendations for quality, consistency, and marketing of online courses and programs.
- Worked with the Office of Graduate Business, the Women’s Business Center, and the Center for Professional Development to successfully implement social media platforms.
- Worked with Graduate Admissions and Graduate Programs to develop an efficient social media workflow and virtual student orientation.
- Coordinated the FacTS Center student interns to develop tutorials and contribute to projects.
2008-2009, Instructional Technologist at Bryant & Stratton College Online
- See Testimonials from Bryant and Stratton.
- See Letter of Recommendation from Cindy Rippe at Bryant and Stratton.
- See LinkedIn Recommendations from Bryant and Stratton. (Click View Full Profile to see recommendations.)
Provided guidance in improving Online Education faculty understanding and use of instructional technology related to the use of learning management system (ANGEL), analyzed usability of software and hardware and made recommendations for instructional solutions, assisted Online Education faculty with support and training of Web technologies to enrich the asynchronous learning classroom, collaborated with other members within the Online instructional department and within the college system on projects, supported faculty in the effective use of the online platform for delivery of online instruction and helped to resolve issue and make improvements within their courses. Experience in SCORM compliant objects, faculty training via Web conferencing, tutorial development and educational technology implementation.
- Development of the FAC005 Group for faculty resources, tutorials and course items.
- Developed over 100 trainings and tutorials using Camtasia and Jing, for faculty and students.
- Held monthly educational technology and ANGEL trainings via Intercall.
- Converted all courses from TopClass to ANGEL in under 2 months with a staff of 4.
2007-2008, Full-Time Faculty at ITT Technical Institute, Getzville, NY campus
- See LinkedIn Recommendations from ITT. (Click View Full Profile to see recommendations.)
- See the classes I’ve taught.
- See the student work produced.
Served as a part-time instructor for one quarter before being hired full-time. Prepared Multimedia and CAD assignments. Reviewed and corrected all homework, labs and projects with an emphasis on providing feedback to each student. Devised lesson plans that correlated to the given syllabus, which kept the student involved and active over the 4.5 hours in class. Worked with each ‘at risk’ student at devising quarterly goals, plans and schedules. Met with quarterly ‘mentees’ to make sure they were adjusting well. Put together Branding Seminars, Film Fests, Design Shows and Capstone Presentations. Kept up with my Performance Plan for out of school activities relating to my area of study and all the Headquarter requests for grades, attendance, field trips and guest speakers. Learned 8 new programs. Taught over 12 different classes in the Multimedia, SAP and CAD programs.